Thursday, 17 August 2006

Stage 2 course

Well, I've given this a bit of a rest as it seemed to be becoming a bit of a chore.
Stage 2 of my practioner course covered:
  • Therapeutic stretching & cross fibre techniques
  • Vital substances (Qi, Body Fluids Blood & Essence)
  • Anatomy (muscles)
  • 12 channels (Liver, Heart Protector etc.) & their relevant points, techniques etc.
  • Practical feedback & the usual Qi Qong practice.
Many of the days were spent focusing on a particular channel & how to work it in the best position (supine, prone or side).

As usual, it was an excellent 2 weeks teaching by Chris & Andrew. However, there seemed a lot to take in & I found them quite tiring. On the first day, myself & a fellow student were agreeing that we both felt a bit overwhelmed by the amount to remember & also the speed with which we have covered it. It is fascinating, but even still lots to learn! I know the day will come when I just find Liver 8 without thinking, but it's still some way off...

Rather than do Stage 3 intensively, we have all signed up to study one week end a month. This will slow down the pace of the course considerably. Instead of having approx. 6 weeks to practice on 20 people, I now will have until next June to practice on a further 30. Phew! Starting off studying in blocks of weeks has been great, but I think we're all more than happy to give ourselves a bit more time.

No comments:

Post a Comment