Wednesday, 1 November 2006

Stage 3 & stuff

Well, I started my Stage 3 part of the course on 9th/10th September. One week end a month. Seems like a good way to slow down the amount of info I need to take on board.

Had exams for TCM (Yin & Yang, 5 elements etc.) & anatomy, which I both passed much to my delight & astonishment! (why can't I believe in myself a little more some times?)
We now have a group of 8 students, which means more different types of bodies to practise on. Lots of tongues to stare at...

I'm still trying to make shiatsu part of my life, not quite there yet, methinks. Practised on 2 people this week, both very different & I enjoyed both sessions. Guess that's an important aspect to this.
Did shiatsu tonight & for the first time I was very aware I wasn't thinking of any thing! No idle thoughts of what I need to do tomorrow etc. I was relaxed, breathing deeply & the closest I can explain as 'listening with my hands'. Sounds a little odd to me, but I suppose I was trying to work with any feedback I was getting.

Aikido's been going very well & been enjoying class. Looks like I'll be a green belt before Christmas. This does surprise me as I can still consider myself a beginner. However, I do notice most times now if there's no connection with my partner. This does say some thing to me, as previously I would've carried on trying a move regardless.

I need to have more faith in my ability to do shiatsu & aikido. It's not some thing that will happen over night. I need a sign that says 'Work in progress'. Then again, who isn't?

Work has appeared as well. Going to try my hand at being a care assistant at a local residential home. I think it will be great experience for shiatsu, as it is much more people-orientated than finance. I kinda expect to return to finance at a later stage (pays better), but it's also more skills for me. I'm looking forward to it, but it's also a bit of an unknown quantity as I haven't done a job like that before.

4 comments:

  1. shiatsu & aikido--
    I'm fascinated! Where does one learn about these?
    : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi starbender, thanks for your comment :)
    I'm finding it fascinating too, as they complement each other so well.
    Please see my links, I'm studying with the European Shiatsu School & Aikido Yuishinkai Andover.
    The Shiatsu Society & Aikiweb pages also have lots of info.
    I think in the US you have AOBTA?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi,

    I started doing judo from a young age, then tried my hand at Tai chi before finding Shiatsu.
    i used to really enjoy the feeling i got when doing kata - i now know that i was feeling the ki.
    I'm also a shiatsu student and go to the British School of Shiatsu do in the midlands. its great finding other students blogs and seeing how they are progressing with shiatsu and the challenges it brings.
    keep blogging
    Trace
    www.shiats-do.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Trace, thanks for spending some time on my blog.
    I'll have a look at your blog as well.
    I agree, good that people are blogging about shiatsu. More publicity!

    ReplyDelete