Wednesday, 14 February 2007

Barefoot & catching sticks

At shiatsu last week end, we looked at:
  • Practice & ethics
  • Small Intestine
  • Yu points
  • Bladder
  • Barefoot shiatsu.
I enjoyed it all, but especially the barefoot part. No actual bare feet as we kept our socks on, but using feet instead of hands etc. There was some thing so nice about giving & receiving this. I can't wait to try it out! Our teacher says it's very grounding for both parties, & is a good way to rest your hands too.

I discovered at aikido tonight that I can catch a stick easier with my eyes closed.
One of our exercises shows the comparison between trying to catch a stick using your sight & then touch. It seems to take time for me to get into this, but tonight it definitely took less time as I tried with my eyes closed sooner.
Maybe I can relate this to shiatsu in a slightly different way. I think I am getting feedback during my hara diagnosis, but just not believing in it to be able to listen. Pesky brain getting in the way again.

No comments:

Post a Comment