Saturday, 28 July 2007

Facial aculift massage rocks!

Well, I finished the course yesterday & thoroughly enjoyed it.
To begin with, it involves holding certain acupuncture points on the face, head & neck. Then there are muscle release techniques to relax every thing, along with some stretches.
Then either we used oil or massage wax to concentrate on any wrinkles, & I enjoyed sweeping up the face with the added lubrication of wax or oil.
The last 3 times I received FAM, I fell asleep as it was sooo relaxing.
It could be called cosmetic acupressure for marketing purposes. However, I think it's face shiatsu with extra knobs on for working with wrinkles.

Then there was an added bonus at the end. Some people were invited into the class (not fellow students) for us to practice on. I had a very nice lady, who I could tell found it relaxing from the outset. She gave me very positive feedback & trotted off to look in the mirror at my handiwork. It had made quite a big difference to some lines on her forehead, which was great for my confidence.
My teacher thanked me at the end, as due to my work she wanted to book a session with him. She did talk to me, but realised I am no where close to where she lives.

I can now charge for Shiatsu (1/2 price as I'm still studying), FAM & also Sotai (postural re-alignment using the muscles) . It's a bit scary, but exciting too & I'm going to look about registering as self-employed.

6 comments:

  1. Where did you learn sotai? Do you know any good books/websites about it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Gary.
    I initially attended a course in Yuki (the healing side of aikido), which included Sotai. This was with Maruyama Sensei - http://www.aikidoyuishinkai.com/

    I then also did some more training with my shiatsu school (see link on the right of my blog).

    I'm afraid I don't know of any good books/websites really. Doing a quick search on Amazon just brought up some very expensive books...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I looked on Amazon ages ago and only found expensive books like you said, but I just remembered that a while back I saw some people calling it “seitai”. So I did another search and found a book for just £7.25! So I may well treat myself soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, by the way, I've been making a website to try and bring together all the shiatsu blogs I could find. I'm still working on it but there's a prototype at www.planetshiatsu.net. Would you like to be listed on it?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll have to have a look under seitai as well...
    Just had a quick nose at planetshiatsu.net & it looks great!
    Yes, please, I'd love to be listed on it. I'm planning to set up a website through the Shiatsu Society soon too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds wonderful! I wish I lived close enough to make an appointment with you!

    Jeannine (from Goddess Circle)

    ReplyDelete