Sunday, 11 November 2007

Hooray for hara (diagnosis)

Even though our shiatsu school has decided to drop Zen from our syllabus, we still seem to be doing back & hara diagnosis. We did some Saturday & I was extremely surprised & pleased with one of my hara diagnosis. I've never previously felt like I've 'got it', which is maybe unsurprising as one teacher said it can take years to truly work out.

I also asked our teacher how I'm meant to be thinking about this. I liked her explanation, which was 'opening the window & putting your hand out to see what the weather's like'.

As we started practising this week end, I tried (as usual) not to think too much about it & it obviously worked some how this time. You find the most jitsu (full area where you're not really wanted) & the most kyo (kinda empty or where you're most wanted) areas, & then hold both & see if there's a reaction. I did this & kinda felt a pulse in both hands! When I moved one hand, I lost this feeling & when I went back it returned. I then did the same thing with the other hand, exactly the same happened. It's great, 'cos it's progress forward & I never knew what to expect when there's a connection between 2 areas.
Hooray for hara, I say :)

NB
I apologise to any Zen experts out there if my description is lacking in any way, I still have much to learn.

No comments:

Post a Comment