Wednesday, 27 October 2010

Review of Leo Babauta's e-book Zen to Done

I've been a fan of Getting Things Done for some time now, & also enjoy Zen Habits, which is 'about finding simplicity in the daily chaos of our lives'.
I like GTD, but find there is quite a lot involved to get it up & running, & keep it going. It seems it's quite common for people, myself included, to fall off the wagon on a regular basis. 
I bought Leo Babauta's Zen To Done book as I really enjoy reading his articles, & like the idea of helping to support him financially.

As soon as I read the introduction, I knew the book was for me - 'Zen To Done (ZTD) is a system that is at once simple, and powerful, and will help you develop the habits that keep all of your tasks and projects organized, that keep your workday simple and structured, that keep your desk and email inbox clean and clear, and that keep you doing what you need to do, without distractions'.

The e-book is well-written & to the point, & covers all the main areas I would expect in a book on this topic. So, why buy the book when you can find articles on his website? For me, it meant all the information is in one place and as mentioned before to financially support the author.

I now use a mix of GTD & Zen To Done. The most useful idea from the book for me was choosing 3 Most Important Tasks for the day to help prioritise what I want to achieve. It's a book I will be re-reading for quite some time to come & would really recommend it if you are looking to get more organised.
Click here to view more details

No comments:

Post a Comment