Saturday, 13 November 2010

Aikido helps improve your mood

I felt a bit out of sorts this morning, tired & just a bit blah. We were due to go to an aikido course, so I figured I'd do some points on myself afterwards to help lift my energy & overall mood. I found an alternative to this - practising aikido with the lovely folks in Taunton! I feel so much better now, more positive & less tired than I have been for a while since recovering from the flu. 

There was lots to challenge me earlier today & I really enjoyed the course. Added bonus... I got to practise with my wonderful husband. He's also my Sensei, so we obviously don't get to practise together like this at my normal weekly class. 

I'll be attending a coach level 1 course for aikido, which means I will teaching for a short time during the week end. I've helped & encouraged other students on the mat before, but this will be my first experience of actually teaching!
I've already decided to look at how to help your partner using moves that work on certain channels or acupuncture points. For example, the shihonage point (Lung-10) benefits the throat, clears Lung heat, descends rebellious qi & harmonises the Stomach & Heart. Sounds like a good move to do at this time of year with so much lurgy going round!

No comments:

Post a Comment