Friday, 15 July 2011

Philofaxy and stationery-nerdiness

As mentioned in my previous post here, I've got a bit of a thing for stationery. On my way home from secondary school, I would often visit a local store to window shop all the lovely pens and notebooks. I thought this was normal behaviour, I guess...

I haven't bought a notebook (for the sole reason it was yummy) since I discovered filofaxes a couple of years ago. "What do you mean, a notebook where I can move all the contents around and add to??" I know I get way too excited (to be normal) over filofaxes, pens and the such, but I figure it's a pretty harmless addiction and relatively inexpensive as long as I browse more than I purchase!

If you're a stationery or filofax fan like myself, you should get yourself over to http://philofaxy.blogspot.com/
The first posts date back to 2005, so there's lots of stories, hints and tips, the odd competition and other filofax-goodness to peruse. They also organise regular Skype chats and international meet-ups

I think what I like most is that the site has a community feel to it, which I didn't really expect. The posts and subsequent comments are funny, interesting, helpful and encouraging. I'm disappointed I'm not available to attend the next London meet-up to meet some of these lovely people face to face.   
Go and say hello, they'll be pleased to see you there :)

4 comments:

  1. Anita I love that part of it too! And why am I not following your blog? I shall do that now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your comment, CP.
    Always a pleasure to have a royal visit :)
    Am following your blog too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! I came over from Philofaxy - I'm enjoying your blog - it's always fun to peek into someone's filofax - I get some great ideas to incorporate into my own :)

    Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi ~AspireToBe & thanks for visiting & your comment :) I've got more filofax posts to write & have just bought an A4 Identity, so will be covering that as well.

    ReplyDelete