Friday, 22 July 2011

When the worlds of aikido and running collide

I did our local Pants in the Park 5k race last Sunday, in aid of prostate cancer.
In case you didn't know, the idea for the race is to show your pants off! And you could say that hakama are pretty large pants at that. Unfortunately it was quite wet, so attendance was low compared with previous years.

I wore my running shorts and singlet underneath, but don't think I'll be making a habit of running in my aikido kit! Once I'd registered, I did a couple of laps of the track as my warm up, and found my hakama eventually got a bit bunched up and then muddy because of its length.

They gave out prizes at the end for best pants, and I got a special mention along with a man wearing a very fetching Borat green mankini! Seems his outfit had the opposite problem to mine, as he said he suffered from frequent wedgies all the way round.

No comments:

Post a Comment