Friday, 21 October 2011

Blogging from the heart

I've realised recently that I've been limiting what I post about, and for no good reason really. I originally started the blog about studying shiatsu, and then slowly aikido and other subjects snuck in. And I think I've felt I shouldn't write about other ideas or subjects which interest me, which seems a bit silly now!

So, I guess this is to introduce the idea that I'm planning on posting more about what's important to me or interesting at the time, rather than restricting myself to certain subjects. I hope this means a more interesting and varied blog :)

Things I have an interest in and haven't blogged about much:
  • Minimalism, simplifying my life and working on wanting less
  • Improving my productivity (Getting Things Done, Inbox Zero and Zen to Done mostly)
  • Improving my positivity, ability to relax, self confidence and mindfulness
  • Learning to embrace change
  • Reading
  • Meditation
  • Qigong
  • Tai chi
  • Becoming greener 
  • Becoming more creative.
For example, I recently took up tai chi and am absolutely loving it, but as it doesn't neatly come under the heading of shiatsu or aikido I didn't mention it! I practised for about 2 years a long time ago and thought I'd take it up again one day. One of our newer aikido students teaches it and I was hooked after one class with him. I'm finding it quite challenging and I'm always mentally tired after a class, with slightly shaky legs! I had originally taken up kick boxing as my second art, but kept finding excuses not to go to training which is a sure sign for me that it's not what I want to do. It hasn't been exactly a conscious decision, but shiatsu, aikido and tai chi will all feed into each other as I become more experienced in them.  

6 comments:

  1. Yay! Looking forward to hearing more about your interests and learning more about you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I look forward to reading more on your blog. Lots of great topics to cover....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for your visit & comments :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aloha Anita!

    I look forward to reading more topics on your blog.

    Tai Chi Chuan is awesome! It looks deceptively graceful and effortless when you see other people do it, but dude...it is hard! You have to find your center and almost be in a meditative state, and for me, its almost spiritual approach make it good for the body and soul martial arts.

    Looking forward to your posts,
    Leilani

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aloha Leilani & thanks for your comment :)
    I absolutely agree about tai chi! My teacher keeps telling me to relax more, but it's hard where I'm concentrating so much.
    I'll be popping over to your blog to see what you're up to.

    ReplyDelete