Thursday, 27 October 2011

Michael Franti & Spearhead at Koko, London

We went to see Michael Franti and Spearhead for my husband's birthday and stayed overnight in Camden, rather than rushing back for the last train. Thanks to lastminute.com, I managed to get the hotel room at a third of the price and nearly shrieked out loudly in reception on seeing the normal £299 per night price!!
It seems most people we know have never heard of the band, which surprises me considering how long they've been together and how awesome they are.
You can find out more about them here and see more photos from the concert on Facebook here.


After enjoying being near the front at King's X, we decided to get to the venue earlier to reserve our space. I am so glad we did! (You can enlarge any photo by clicking on it)
 




It's the most fun I've ever had at a concert and we met the wonderful Hanka and Tanya, also pictured here with J Bowman who is lovely.
To my delight and slight disbelief I was called up on stage to dance!


We jumped, danced and laughed during the 2 hours that they played, and the photos on Facebook are a good reflection of the smiles and enthusiasm of the fans! I found the music so positive and the band has so much energy. 

The next morning, we had breakfast at the Diner and blimey, I underestimated the size of their blueberry pancakes with maple syrup! I also ordered french toast, which was scrumptious too.
Before and after... I was never going to finish them. 
We then took a leisurely stroll to catch the train at Waterloo, which I enjoyed much more than taking the tube. I was quite excited to pop into AcuMedic which is a Chinese medicine and acupuncture centre/shop. Eventually I had to drag myself away from all the books, and purchased The Medical Classic of the Yellow Emperor and some Ylang ylang floral water.

Photos courtesy of Michael Franti and Spearhead, Hana and my hubby.

No comments:

Post a Comment