Wednesday, 18 January 2012

10 things I’d rather do besides chores

I know I haven't blogged for a while. It's been a mixture of recovering from the flu, being away for Christmas, procrastinating and being indecisive about what I want to write about. I currently have 6 draft posts started, but either I don't fancy finishing them or they feel like hard work!

So I found myself perusing the internet for some ideas and came across this post with the same title at Miscellany from a Filofax Fanatic and thought it would make a nice and easy post for me.

Here are my top 10 favourite things to do instead of getting on with chores and items on my to-do lists:
  1. Drink redbush tea and potter about the flat, plotting what I can sell on eBay or give away next
  2. Read stuff on t'internet. My most visited sites at the moment are Philofaxy, Zen Habits, GTD Times, I Can Has Cheezburger? and the Goddess Guidebook  
  3. Read a book with my cat, Floopy, on my lap. Currently reading The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo
  4. Go for a run
  5. Drink more redbush tea and re-arrange things in my filofax
  6. Catch up on some more reading of sites I've tagged in Evernote. My current tags are read it later, @ someday/maybe and blog post
  7. Practice tai chi or Qigong 
  8. Spend time with my lovely husband
  9. Go to aikido class
  10. Go to sleep in the bath. Watch Buffy the Vampire Slayer. I love snoozing in the bath, but I'm sure my husband would agree I can't miss out Buffy as I'm a bit addicted/obsessed!

4 comments:

  1. This is so great. I love it... But I really love that you named your cat Floopy. :)

    Hope you have a day filled with a bit of all of these!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ro & thanks for your comment!
    My sister named here & she also gets called Floops, Floopy-chu, Scoopy, Floo-floo & other such serious variations (cat, not my sister). Haven't had much time for many of these today, but plan to over the week end :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These sounds like much better ways to spend time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your visit & comment :)
      I use them also as a treat for when I have got things done.

      Delete