Wednesday, 11 April 2012

J is for just for today

The founder of reiki, Dr Mikao Usui, gave his students a series of precepts to follow:
Just for today...
  • Do not anger
  • Do not worry
  • Count your many blessings
  • Do your work honestly
  • Be kind to all living things. 
I love the idea of just focusing on today, as I've in the past tried to make some thing a habit and struggled to make it stick. It makes real sense to me to say 'just for today' as by being mindful and in the present it means all I need to focus on is right now. 

4 comments:

  1. I do like the premise of "just for today." Especially for those of us who are constantly looking too far ahead.

    Shannon at The Warrior Muse, co-host of the 2012 #atozchallenge! Twitter: @AprilA2Z

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent concept. Similar to the idea that if you want to do something that you've been putting off, just commit to do it for 5 minutes. Normally the problem is not doing it, it's starting it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the Reiki precepts and strive to live my life by them but it can be a challenge. I have them printed out at the front of my A5 Filofax as a constant reminder.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are some really good precepts. And taking them one day at a time makes them so much less overwhelming. :)

    ReplyDelete