Monday, 23 April 2012

T is for tornado

I love storms.
My Nan and I used to watch them together, side by side at the window with our heads up underneath the curtains. Not sure why we just didn't open the curtains, but that seemed part of the magic when I was quite small. I love the sound, the drama and the amazing light show that mother nature can display. Whilst holidaying in Turkey, I experienced a storm that lasted on and off for nearly 24 hours as it seemed to be caught between the mountains and the bay in front of the town! I know there is the destructive power and people do get hurt and killed, but I still find them fascinating and mesmerising...

At some point, part of my fascination turned to tornadoes. I find myself looking at videos on YouTube and wonder if one day I'll go on a storm-chasing tour in the US.



3 comments:

  1. It's funny that you love them! Maybe because they are associated with good memories

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am with you on the head under the curtains thing - it has to be done for some reason. Hope you stay safe if you go chasing those storms - unless you are after The Yellow Brick Road.

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I lived in the Midwest and South, I always found tornado weather both terrifying and cool.

    ReplyDelete