Saturday, 28 April 2012

Y is for yoghurt

Okay, I admit I couldn't think of anything sensible for this post, so I thought I'd talk about how much I enjoy eating yoghurt :)

I know this advert's for frozen yoghurt, but I still think it's great.

At the risk of sounding a bit crazy, I have a favourite spoon for eating yoghurt! The strange thing is it's not my all-time favourite spoon, just specifically for yoghurt. And I don't let myself use it all the time, because that would be giving into the weirdness, right?! Just to put the record straight, I don't have any other preferred cutlery, just this one... Hmm, swiftly moving on, I think.

My gorgeous husband kindly bought me the EasiYo yoghurt maker starter pack, which I'd really recommend.
It's very easy to use as you just mix the sachet's contents with water, then pop the jar into the yoghurt maker (a type of flask) with some boiling water at the bottom and leave overnight. My favourite base so far is the Greek n' Coconut, which is very creamy with a lovely coconut flavour.

So, how does it all work out price-wise?

  • Yeo Valley yoghurts (what I used to buy most often) are normally around £1.50 for 450g 
  • Julian Graves currently sell most of the EasiYo sachets for £2.99, which makes 1 litre
  • The initial outlay of my starter pack cost just under £20.
However, according to EasiYo, the cultures in yoghurt only last days, so it's most beneficial to have fresh, rather than a product that's been in the chiller for quite some time. 
I personally don't know enough about the subject to comment on how accurate that is, but enjoy making the yoghurts and it was a very thoughtful gift. 

1 comment:

  1. I love yoghurt too, but probably not enough to have a favourite spoon to eat it with. But enough to be craving some right now because of your post!

    ReplyDelete