Thursday, 17 May 2012

Things I love Thursday

I think it's about time I resurrected these posts to share the love :)
Here's what I'm enjoying currently:
  • Walking to work - I feel so lucky to be able to do this. Half an hour's brisk-ish walk mostly along footpaths, past a lake and the birdsong can be so loud, with occasional up-close encounters with squirrel and Canada geese
  • Cupcakes - my thoughtful husband visited me at my work today just to drop some off for me
  • Watching the Big Bang Theory - 'Scissors cuts paper, paper covers rock, rock crushes lizard, lizard poisons Spock, Spock smashes scissors, scissors decapitates lizard, lizard eats paper, paper disproves Spock, Spock vaporizes rock, and as it always has, rock crushes scissors'
  • Plotting what posts I can write for Philofaxy, now that I've joined the team as a contributing writer
  • Considering ideas for the Shiatsu Society Journal (their quarterly magazine), something else I've recently volunteered my time for 
  • Alternating getting loads done with being lazy - I've never been particularly good at this in the past, and used to think about all the stuff to be done rather than chilling 100%
  • Getting my email to zero more regularly - amazing what a difference this makes
  • Wearing summer dresses with a cardigan and long boots - bit of a d'oh moment as otherwise I only wear them in the summer
  • Meditating in the half lotus pose - it feels so grounded and stable. I'm pretty flexible, but have never found the full lotus easy, so am working my way up to it this way
  • Having a lie-in - I've been fighting off some bug and I always sleep more when I'm poorly
  • Using my vintage pink A5 Malden filofax - upsizing from the personal size has been quite a revelation for me. Our cat, Floopy, loves it too... as a seat!

6 comments:

  1. I think I agree with all of this! I don't have a husband to bring me cupcakes, but I just ate some Doritos so all is well with the world!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Big Bang! It's one of my favorite shows!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your cat is sooo cute! They always need to "own" all of our most loved belongings, don't they?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, she is a sweetie :)
      Yes, she does & regularly rubs herself on my filofax, bags, intray & books!

      Delete