Wednesday, 23 January 2013

Love

I really enjoy reading other people's posts where they answer questions about themselves. It's like a little window into finding more about them, and I came across these from Susannah Conway which I quite like. I'm not quite sure why the title is called 'love' though. Susannah also uses a filofax and was covered in the Philofaxy Reader under the Spotlight series here.

Are your parents married or divorced?
They divorced quite some years ago, and my Dad has re-married which I think is great.

Have you ever come close to dying?
Thankfully no.

What jewellery do you wear 24/7?
My wedding and engagement ring that belonged to my late Nan.

Do you eat the stems of broccoli?
Always, not quite sure why you wouldn't.

Do you wear makeup?
Very rarely. I went through a stage some years ago of feeling that I should wear it. However, more recently I've come to the conclusion that I really don't need it and I'm very grateful that I have a pretty good complexion anyway.

Would you ever have plastic surgery?
No. I want to stay fit, strong and healthy as I get older but don't think I'm too worried about ageing. I'm not convinced that I'll dye my hair, but we'll see.

What do you wear to bed?
Most of the time nothing, but I'm wearing PJs currently as I've been feeling chilly.

Have you ever done anything illegal?
Yes.

Can you roll your tongue?
Yes.

Do you have a boyfriend or girlfriend?
No, but I have an amazing husband.

Do you believe in abortions?
Yes, I think life is precious but I also think a woman should have the right to choose.

What is your hair colour?
Black with the occasional white hair now.

Future child's name, boy and girl?
This really isn't something I've considered as I don't have any plans to have children right now.

Do you smoke?
No, it tastes too icky even without taking into account all the health risks.

If you could go anywhere in the world, where would it be?
There are lots of places I'd like to go, but my current favourite would be anywhere where I could see leopards in the wild.

Do you sleep with stuffed animals?
No, and I haven't done since I was a child.

If you won the lottery, what would you do first?
Buy my wonderful husband an iMac! I'd then do other more serious things like helping family pay off mortgages though.

Gold or silver?
Silver.

Hamburger or hot dog?
Probably a hamburger but not from Burger King or McDonald's, thanks.

If you could eat only one food for the rest of your life, what would it be? 
Char sui bao.

City, beach or country?
All of the above, depending on what I fancy at the time.

What was the last thing you touched?
My computer mouse and my filofax.

When's the last time you cried?
Two days ago when I watched Marley and Me.

What colour are your pants?
I guess these questions come from the US?? Well, my underwear is black and my trousers are dark blue denim.

Ever been involved with the police?
Yes, but I wasn't the one being questioned. My parents ran a restaurant when I was growing up and the local officers would come in for a cuppa at the end of their shift, so I always knew them.

What's your favourite shampoo/conditioner and soap?
I normally use Alberto Balsam shampoo because it's cheap and and only occasionally use conditioner. For a change, I've recently bought some of the Body Shop's banana shampoo which smells scrummy. My favourite shower gel is a mango one from the Body Shop.

Do you talk in your sleep?
Occasionally.

Ocean or pool?
Ocean every time.

What's your favourite song at the moment?


Have you ever had a cavity?
Yes, I have two fillings.

Window seat or aisle seats?
I find flying quite exciting, so love looking out of the window. Best moments so far... watching lightning in the clouds some way off, flying into Toronto at night and seeing the lights.

Ever met anyone famous?
Yes. The most exciting one was being called up on stage to boogie when we went to see Michael Franti and Spearhead! He ruffled my hair and gave me an enormous hug. I'm in the pink top on the far left :)


Do you feel you've had a truly successful life?
Hmm, tricky question... I am very proud of where I've got to (and need to keep reminding myself of that) but there's so much more I'd like to work on.

Do you twirl your spaghetti or cut it?
Twirl.

Are you self-conscious?
Not so much these days, but I used to be.

Have you ever ridden in an ambulance?
Yes, I had concussion years ago where I fell and hit my head whilst ice skating.

Last gift you received and what occasion you received your gift?
Stuff at Christmas time.

Last thing you spent lots of money on?
A holiday to Malaysia.

Where do you live?
In a flat with my wonderful man and our crazy kitty, Floops.

Last wedding attended?
My own.

Favourite restaurant?
Pearl Harbour Chinese restaurant. This is in my opinion the BEST place for Chinese noms. We've been going there so long that I used to have to sit on telephone directories as I couldn't reach the table!

What is your favourite kind of car?
I'm not into cars so much, so anything that runs and is reliable.

What's your least favourite chore(s)?
Nothing in particular springs to mind.

Favourite drink?
Redbush tea or water.

No comments:

Post a Comment