Sunday, 16 June 2013

Liebster Blog Award - part one

Thank you so much for my nominations for the Liebster award :)


It's not something I'd heard of before, but it recently started popping up on blogs in May (sorry I'm so late) and then to my surprise I've been nominated 5 times! I believe the idea is to acknowledge blogs with less than 200 followers, and it comes with some rules for each person to:

1. Post 11 things about themselves.
2. Answer the questions that your nominator sets for you.
3. Choose 11 people and link them to your post.
4. Create 11 questions for the people you've chosen to nominate.
5. Go to their page and tell them they have been nominated.
6. No tag backs. 

So, here goes... I decided to split the post in two as it was very long with so many questions. 

11 random things about me:

1. I came second in an obstacle course race (as a child) because I went back to straighten the chair I'd just crawled under.
2. I love my food and have a big appetite.
3. I'm a bit of a bookworm.
4. I own a crazy cat called Floopy.
5. I'm a bit of a nerd (and proud).
6. I sold my motorbike, a Suzuki 600 Bandit, in 2005 but I will get another bike one day.
7. I love martial arts (practising them and watching films).
8. My favourite food is char sui bao (Chinese dumplings).
9. I learnt Russian at college, but am very rusty now.
10. I run and plan to do another half-marathon one day.

Questions to answer:

1. What is the first thing you do every morning?
Have a stretch before I get out of bed.
2. Why did you start your blog?
To try out something new and talk about my shiatsu studies.
3. What did you want to be when you grow up?
I didn't really have anything particular in mind, but had the feeling that it would all work out OK though.
4. Who do you consider your role model?
I'm not sure I have one, but I do admire people like HH the Dalai Lama and Nelson Mandela.
5. If you could have three wishes, what would they be?
To cure my husband's chronic fatigue, and I think I'd give my other two away to other people who need them more.
6. Favourite family activity?
Going for a walk.
7. What is your sport to watch or play?
I don't watch much sport, but love practising aikido (Japanese martial art).
8. If you were invisible, where would you go or what would you do?
I'd visit a zoo at night time to watch the leopards sleeping.
9. If you could go on vacation anywhere right now, where would you go?
British Columbia, Canada.
10. If your friends has to describe you in one word, what would it be?
Kind (I think, but you'd have to ask them!)
11. What is your pet peeve? 
People littering.

From Lady Elizabeth's Life
1. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?
To not be so hard on myself.
2. Name 3 things you loved to do when you were a child?
Read, go horse riding and be outside.
3. How do you see yourself in 5 years?
Fitter, more organised and fiercer on the aikido mat (rawr!).
4. Are you enjoying your life or just letting it pass by? 
I am enjoying my life and looking to challenge myself too.
5. If you could pick one wish from the magic genie, what would it be?
To cure my husband's chronic fatigue.
6. Do you enjoy cooking? 
Yes, I do but I'm not feeling particularly inspired currently.
7. One regret (if you have one) from your life choices so far?
That I didn't start training in martial arts earlier.
8. What did you say when you were a child that you wanted to be when you got older?
"Um, I don't know".
9. Do you use/own or have heard of Filofax?
Yes, I've had a Filofax since 2009.
10. What is the activity you like the most when you are upset or stressed?
To go out for a run.
11. What book are you reading currently?
A Tree Grows in Brooklyn by Betty Smith.

From Chrissie's Universe
1. How old are you feeling?
I feel my age (nearly 40 years), but very happy with that as I'm pretty fit and much happier than when I was younger.
2. How do you like to travel?
I love flying and am like a big kid, wondering where everyone is going and peering out of the window.
3. If you could choose a pet, what would it be?
A cat (and I'm lucky to already have one).
4. How old is your car/bike?
8 years old (silver Ford Ka).
5. What would you die for?
My loved ones.
6. The last book you read?
Ptolemy's Gate by Jonathan Stroud.
7. Do you like rain?
Yes, I do. However, it can get me down a bit if it rains for weeks on end without a bit of sunshine.
8. What is your favourite dish?
Roast chicken with rice and veg.
9. The colour of your eyes?
Very dark brown.
10. Do you like your feet?
Yes, I do. However, I wasn't a great fan of them when I was younger as they're quite wide.
11. Bread or cookies?
At the moment, I'd go for cookies but I like bread too.

Part two will be on its way shortly :)  

1 comment:

  1. Hi Anita! I've nominated you aswell!! Hahaha I didn't know you had already been nominated :P But oh well, in case you feel like doing it again ^^

    Details are on my blogpost:
    http://nothingsoriginalanymore.blogspot.com/2013/06/liebster-blog-award.html

    xx
    Tina

    ReplyDelete