Saturday, 28 September 2013

The 21-day meditation challenge

Wow, I've been a bad blogger.
I think I've been working through some stuff (nothing bad though), and every time I've sat down to write it's been a struggle. Sometimes the words come easily, but not just recently and I want to enjoy blogging, rather than it becoming a chore.

Anyways, I'm BACK so what have I been up to? The usual stuff including:
  • lots of aikido
  • got back into regular running again
  • had my first ever personal training session
  • doing shiatsu and accounts 
  • watching Angel (finally got round to buying it as I am a real Buffy fan-girl)
  • reading lots (finished the Millennium trilogy and have now started Changeless by Gail Carriger) 
  • and still on a mission to get rid of more clutter and things I don't use (another post to come about my simplify project) .
Something else I've been doing lots of is meditating. I signed up to the 21-day meditation challenge last year, but unfortunately couldn't complete it due to being out the country, so I really wanted to do it this time. If you haven't come across it before I'd really recommend it. It's absolutely free and after signing up you receive an email each day with details and a link to login in for that day's meditation. The 15 minute recording includes an introduction by Oprah, further explanation and insights by Deepak Chopra and then a short meditation. The 21-day challenge ran in August this and last year, but in the meantime there is another free 2-week online meditation journey available which starts on the 7th October.

I had been meditating regularly before the challenge, but I really enjoyed the structure and guidance provided. It became my daily 'me time' treat and I'd curl up on the bed with my MacBook. I normally sit in the half-lotus position, but I just really liked the idea of making a little nest, getting comfy and not rushing back into things once the recording was over.

Rather than making this a big long post, I've decided to share the challenge's daily centring thoughts and mantras in a second part instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment