I wouldn't say that these recent purchases particularly reflect my normal taste in music, but most of them were played during the 6-week Dawn Breakers (Insanity style) fitness challenge that I did last December. I have just signed up to another one that starts at the end of this month, so I will be writing some posts about that as I didn't last time. It's a high intensity course of training five days a week (6:45 a.m. warm up, I remember you) and during the one last year I was pushed the hardest that I have ever been physically.
Here's why I absolutely loved it:
- Lovely bunch of people to train with and working in a group helps so much
- Nutrition plan - I admit I only kinda followed this as I don't need to lose weight and just wanted to get fitter
- Ongoing help and advice from people with lots of experience
- Being able to push myself much harder than I would be confident of doing by myself
- Exercise definitely helps my mood
- Completing such a tough challenge made me feel a bit of a badass!