Sunday, 30 November 2014

I forgive myself

Aiyah, where has the time gone since writing my last post??

I've been thinking about writing something about self-forgiveness for a while now, but just haven't found the right words. And then it occurred to me that it doesn't need to be some huge essay going into all the reasons why, as it just doesn't help to get sucked into all that old stuff.

I am not the person that I once was. Kinda obvious, but I think that I need to remind myself sometimes. I'm different, stronger and more able to withstand what comes my way partly due to the tough times in the past. And I have decided to forgive myself for being too hard on myself, for over-staying my welcome in situations that weren't so good for me or just for putting up with sh*t when I was too polite to say, "No, thank you".

I'm getting much better at appreciating who I am right now, rather than focusing on where I want to be or getting confused with how I used to be. I am very grateful for where I am right now, and greatly appreciate all the assistance I have received from wonderful people and experiences to help me on my way.

'Gratitude is heaven itself' - William Blake.

No comments:

Post a Comment