Wednesday, 13 January 2016

Days 1-10 of Yoga Camp with Adriene



As mentioned in my previous post, I'd been really looking forward to the 30 days of yoga to start and I am absolutely loving it! It's just what my body has been crying out for. My alarm goes off at 06:30 during the week and it gives me lots of time to fit in some practise before my usual morning routine.

Something that I figured out before with some of these free online challenges/experiences is that due to the time difference, the recordings or videos might not be available for when I want to use them. Therefore I start one or two days late which means that I am able to do my meditation or yoga first thing in the morning.

Before starting Yoga Camp, I'd only done a couple of Adriene's beginner videos on YouTube (this 20 minute one and then her 40 minute one) and I'd already decided that I liked her teaching method. For a relatively new beginner like myself, I am finding that her explanations are simple, clear and helpful and I'd thoroughly recommend her videos. She's kinda no-nonsense in a good way and I can understand why she has become so popular.

Some observations:
1) Thanks to martial arts, my balance is way better than it was when I practised yoga before
2) Generally I am feeling much better in myself and more supple
3) I am finding it easier to get up as I don't want to miss a session (this is my eleventh day in a row of practise
4) My back is finally beginning to loosen up in the cobra pose (doing this stretch more recently highlighted to me just how stiff I'd become)
5) Finally... I'd forgotten just how much I love yoga :)

1 comment:

  1. Its a great pleasure reading your post.Its full of information I am looking for and I love to post a comment that "The content of your post is awesome" Great work. Kelowna Yoga

    ReplyDelete